Tall,Dark,Fair,Handsome,Charming,Caring,Adorable,Cute,Funny,Sexy,Hot,Cool...... Aww this will never end.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Fides Aut Malefides(the faithful or the faithless)

This is actually quite a vast,interesting,personal and sensitive topic.Maybe most people have never given much of a thought about it,but is there something that you believe in?Something that you hold strongly to or base your course of life on?Obviously it varies for each individual:some people believe in the law,many in science,freedom and also religion.But,let's zero down to two groups:(a)faith/religion of a supreme being.(b)atheist(the opposite)

I happen to be in the (a) group and more specifically the Christian faith.Basically,it's believing that you are a created being of God,and accepting Jesus Christ,the Son of God,as your personal Lord and Saviour from sin.Cause,we all are sinners,aren't we?But then you ask me,what happened to the Theory of Evolution?Aren't all these religion just myths and superstition of old?We do live in the age of science,right?My answer:science is believing what you are seeing;faith is believing what you haven't seen.

That answer might not sound logical,but I do believe in it.It still puzzles me why I would believe,it's a great mystery.I guess my best example would be if I like this girl who doesn't suit me logically(like an 80-year old granny) and you ask me why?I can't give a valid reason.That's how you describe love and the same goes for faith.

I'm not a perfect guy.Actually I'm quite a screwed-up jerk,but that's a story for another day,point is I realize I need guidance to live a fruitful life,and who else is better than your Creator?(assuming that I believe that there is one)But and the end of the day,all these wouldn't make any sense if you don't believe:if you are faithless.So what are you-Fides Aut Malefides?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home